Saturday, January 5, 2013

on resolutions

2  0  1  2
i love this time of year. i've been reflecting recently on the past year and the things that i've experienced and learned. 2012 was a good year for me. i turned twenty. i finished half of my junior year of college. i got a new job that i love. i got to travel a lot. i grew closer to my family and friends. i had a lot of really wonderful experiences. i also had some difficult and trying experiences, but those have helped me to grow and to learn more about myself, and i'm just as grateful for those experiences as i am for the others. with the beginning of this new year, i've been thinking a lot about this talk and i've made several of my own resolutions for 2013.

this year, i resolve to:

1. have more meaningful and consistent scripture study.
2. go to bed earlier.
3. read thirty books.

the first and second resolutions are both things i have struggled with in the past, but i know working on them will make a world of difference in my daily life. the third is just something i've been wanting to do. i love to read, and making time for reading even during school makes me a lot happier. i'm excited to work on these things and see the changes they bring about. happy new year and here's to resolutions!

1 comment:

  1. Liz and I were discussing your instagram feed the other day. It's literally perfectly curated ---- you're such an art history student!

    ReplyDelete