Sunday, January 3, 2016

new year, new york


"i look out the window and i see the lights and the skyline and the people on the street rushing around looking for action, love, and the world's greatest chocolate chip cookie, and my heart does a little dance." -nora ephron

2016 has officially rolled around, which means—and i can't believe it—that i've been living in new york for a year now. i am so in love with this city and wouldn't have wanted to spend the last year anywhere else.

2015 was definitely hard. being unemployed for a while totally sucked, as did moving far away from my sisters and all of my friends. but mostly, 2015 was very, very cool. i figured out what i really want to do with my life and career, i made new friends and was visited by lots of old ones, and i got to see my parents more times than in the last five years combined. i met my favorite celebs, saw broadway shows, tv tapings, movie premieres, and concerts, waited in cronut lines, toured museums galore, and ate my weight in pizza and bagels. i got to know new york intimately and feel how living here has made me more driven, confident, and independent.

i am also very grateful that my career plans have started to really fall into place. i worked crazy hard all year and it feels amazing for that to finally be paying off. i have been enjoying working at j. crew and was so excited when they moved me to the bridal team. i am loving it so far. i was also thrilled to land a book publicity internship at w. w. norton that will start later this month. i can't wait to learn the ropes and see where the opportunity takes me.

i always love new year's and the feeling of a fresh start. i'm so looking forward to everything ahead in 2016 and am so happy to be sticking around in this city. i love that new york feels like home and that i get to grow as a person and build a life for myself here. here's to all good things this year!

2 comments:

  1. j.crew BRIDAL?! swoon. i want to hear all your crazy bride retail stories. and congrats on the internship! you are a nyc rockstar <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! it is so fun! miss you and thanks for being my most loyal (and only) blog reader <3

      Delete