Sunday, September 25, 2011

hoe to the end of the row.

september has been a pretty crazy month for my family.

this video is about my grandparents' pumpkin patch.


my older sister liz and i were able to fly out to new york last weekend for our grandfather's funeral. it was a bittersweet couple of days, and i'm really grateful we got to spend time with all of our extended family and just remember grandpa. almost all of my family is from the same area in upstate new york, and their town was hit so hard by hurricane irene. driving around was really sobering, and it made me feel very grateful and blessed that my family in new jersey was unaffected. my aunt and uncle's house and many of their belongings (from their piano to all their books and their family photos) were really destroyed, and a lot of damage was done to my grandparents' pumpkin patch, but i was so impressed to see their optimistic and grateful attitudes. even in the midst of such adversity and with the loss of our grandfather, all of my family was so grateful. i love seeing the influence the gospel can have in our lives and the perspective and hope it can give us in times of hardship.


i'm grateful for my grandfather's life, the way he lived what he taught, and the many lessons i've learned from his example. i feel very thankful to have such an incredible family and to see the ways in which the gospel blesses my life every day.

2 comments: